Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Review: Maybelline Velvet Matte Lip Colors in Mat 6 and Mat 12

Matte lips are all the rage these days, and it seems like every brand is trying to get on the matte liquid lipstick bandwagon. 
I, for one, love matte lips so when Maybelline came out with their new Velvet Matte lip colors, I was super excited!
The Maybelline Velvet Mattes came out fairly recently, and as soon as they became available in department stores, I quickly went to purchase some. 
The whole line offers 9 shades to choose from, but I opted to get only 2 as they were the only shades 
that intrigued me.
 
Mat 6 and Mat 12


Hand swatches:


Mat 12 and Mat 6


Here are some lip swatches for you guys.

Mat 6 

Pardon the picture quality. :p


Mat 6 is a bright, warm pink color which really pops on the lips. It is great as a bold statement lip color and is especially pretty when worn without too much makeup. (ie. Just do your brows, add a bit of blush, swipe on this color and you're good to go!)

Mat 12



Mat 12 is a very pretty peachy pink nude color. What I love about this color is that it is quite warm so it does not wash me out and make me look like a zombie. It's great to pair with a smokey eye but it is warm and wearable enough that it can be worn paired with a pretty neutral look as well.

Pigmentation: 5/5
This product is really pigmented and application is a breeze. You don't really have to double dip to get good color payoff on your lips.

Application: 4/5

Product
This liquid lipstick is a breeze to apply. It has a mousse-y like consistency that makes it easy to spread evenly on the lips. 

It also does not dry too quickly so you can tinker and play with it until you get the look you want without any trouble at all. As an added bonus, it's not sticky and goopy (unlike lip gloss) so it's really comfortable to wear.

I really like that this product is easy to reapply as well. Layering it throughout the day is easy enough and you don't have to worry about it being patchy or weird-feeling.  

Applicator
I took a point off because although this product has a tear drop shaped applicator which supposedly makes it easier to apply, its odd shape (i.e. the dent in the middle of the applicator) makes it a bit tricky to distribute the product evenly. 

A lot of the product gets trapped in that dent I find myself having to smoosh the applicator flat on my lips which tends to move the product around too much for my liking. (but I'm just being nitpicky here :p )

Moisture: 4/5
The product isn't really moisturizing per se since it doesn't actually add moisture to the lips. However, unlike other matte lipsticks, it does not suck out all the moisture from your lips either. It's very comfortable to wear.

Longevity: 4/5
This product stays on pretty well and it doesn't budge unless you eat something really oily. However, it does fade a bit over time, and you may want to reapply after 4 hours or so if you want to retain its vibrancy. 

Packaging: 5/5
The packaging is really cute and really sturdy!

Price: 5/5
Each lippy costs 299php right now (It will be sold for 350php in November) which is a pretty great deal for this really amazing product!



Would I recommend this product? Most definitely! ;)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, lovely! Please go ahead and write a comment. I'd greatly appreciate it! :)