Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Baking Goodies: Butterscotch Brownies






Hello everyone!


I just wanted to share with you my latest baking creation -- Butterscotch Brownies! Here is a picture. 

Butterscotch Brownies @ Beauty Bunker
Sorry for the less than perfect picture. I'm still trying to get the hang of this blogging business! ;)


I just love how these turned out so I want to share the recipe I used. :) Are you ready? Here it goes. 


Prep Time:                      5 mins.
Cooking Time:                ~15 mins.
Total Cooking Time:       ~20 mins.
Ingredients:

3/4 stick        butter or margarine
1 cup             *packed brown sugar
3 tbsp           milk
1                   large egg
1 1/2 cup      all purpose flour
1 tsp             baking powder
1 1/2 tsp       vanilla
1/2 tsp          salt
nuts, chocolate chips, etc (optional)



Directions:
  1. Heat your oven to 350⁰ F.
  2. Grease your pans with a bit of butter.
  3. Melt your butter in a medium sized pan. Make sure not to burn it!
  4. Remove the pan from heat and mix in the brown sugar, milk, egg, and vanilla.
  5. Mix well.
  6. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
  7. If you wish to add nuts, chocolate chips, etc to your butterscotch, do so now. 
  8. Spread the mixture evenly into your pans. 
  9. Bake for 15 minutes.
  10. Check on the butterscotch to see if it has cooked through. Do this by poking a knife into the mixture. If it comes out clean, you're done!
  11. If the butterscotch is slightly squishy, let it cook for about 3-5 minutes more.
  12. You must take the butterscotch out when it is the slightest bit squishy on the top layer to ensure that you get nice and chewy butterscotch brownies. 
  13. Enjoy!
 

* For you baking newbies out there, packed means you pretty much have to squish the ingredient into the measuring cup and fit in as much as you can. 
(i.e. push as much brown sugar as you can into your measuring cup using a spoon, etc.)

This is different from simply scooping the ingredient in the regular manner, trust me. 


** This recipe is good for 2  6x12x1 inch baking pans.
Here is a picture of how the butterscotch looked right after I got it from the oven. On the first picture I posted above, I simply topped off the butterscotch with some powdered sugar. 


Butterscotch Brownies @ Beauty Bunker

Ideally, I would've liked to have gotten pictures to go along with the directions for baking this yummy pastry. However, I totally forgot to do so. I'll make up for it in my future baking posts if anyone's interested, though. Let me know! :)

I hope you try out this recipe! If you do, tell me how it turns out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, lovely! Please go ahead and write a comment. I'd greatly appreciate it! :)