Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Nails of the Week: Neon Pink and Baby Pink





Hello guys!

I just want to post a picture of my current nail polish of the week. I may start a series of sorts for this kind of thing. Another thing I am quite interested in is nail art as well, you see. ;)

Here are some pictures of my nails! 

Nails of the Week: Pink Nails @ Beauty Bunker

Nails of the Week: Pink Nails @ Beauty Bunker

I am currently loooving the accent nail trend though I am well aware that I'm a little behind on it. ;) 

All I did was first put a layer of top coat on my bare nails, put on 3 layers of the neon pink on top, added the light pink color on my accent finger, and topped it all off with topcoat. :)

I used the following polishes on my nails:



Nails of the Week: Pink Nails @ Beauty Bunker



Here is my favorite top coat cum base coat ever! It is the Bobbie Super Fast Dry Basic Top Coat. It really does dry fast and it makes my polish last sooo much longer. It also works really well as a base coat to protect my nails from discoloration from any polish I use. Even when I don't want to wear colored nail polishes, I use this as a nice protective coat to give my nails the slightest bit of gloss -- nothing too shiny and it's very natural looking. :)

It retails for around Php 41.00 in department stores, etc. 

Bobbie basic top coat @ Beauty Bunker



Next up, this is the polish I used for the majority of my nails. It's the Twinkle Nail Sparkler in Neon Pink. I love how truly neon this color is! I also really like that this polish isn't goopy and yucky like how some other polishes can get after a while. It's a thin polish though, so I did have to use around 2-3 layers to get the color I wanted on my nails. 

Having to put on more layers of polish is way better than applying goopy, sticky polish in my opinion, though! ;) 

I also love that this polish only retails for around Php 17.75. It's mega affordable! The whole range of Twinkle nail polishes also only come in 5ml bottles. I actually prefer smaller nail polish bottles since I don't really use nail polish colors enough to actually finish a whole bottle. Think about it -- have you finished a full sized nail polish yet? 

Here is a shot of the back of the bottle. 

Twinkle nail polish in Neon Pink @ Beauty Bunker


The polish that I used for my accent color was the Sally Hansen Hard as Nails polish in #220 Solid as a Rock. It's a very pretty baby pink color packed with micro glitters. It doesn't really have that chunky glittery look that other glitter polishes have. It's also really pigmented! One swipe got me the color I have on my accent finger. 




I'm not sure how much this polish costs, though, since it was only given to me. I've been to SM Department stores where Sally Hansen polishes are available here in the Philippines, and I think that they are ridiculously expensive. I mean, Php 300+ for a nail polish? You have got to be kidding me. 


Here is another shot of my nails where you can see their true-to-life color. It doesn't quite catch the neon brightness of my nails, though. 


Nails of the Week: Pink Nails @ Beauty Bunker


That's pretty much it for my Nails of the Week! :) What do you think of the accent finger trend? Do you love it or hate it? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, lovely! Please go ahead and write a comment. I'd greatly appreciate it! :)