Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Easy Dinner Recipes: Easy Chicken with Butter Parsley




Hi everyone!

I just wanted to share with you this really great recipe that I came up with the other night. It's Easy Chicken with Butter Parsley! :)

As I was staring at the pile of chicken breasts that I had thawed for our dinner, I realized that I had some parsely that I had just bought from the grocery. 

Well! That's when I was struck by the idea of doing a Chicken Kiev type of dish. Unfortunately, I didn't have cream cheese for it. Oh well. Time to improvise! 

This is what I came up with:

Chicken with Butter Parsley @ Beauty Bunker
yum!

Since I didn't have any cream cheese, I simply substituted it with butter. Here is a recipe if you're interested.

Ingredients:
4 pcs        boneless chicken breast fillets
1/4 cup     fresh parsley
1/2 stick   butter
2              eggs
1 cup       cornstarch
2 cups      Japanese breadcrumbs
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
  1. Season the chicken breast fillets with salt, pepper, and whatever seasoning you like. 
  2. Cut a slit in the side of the chicken fillet, so as to make a "pocket" for the stuffing. Make sure you don't go all the way to the other side! (Another good tip is to make the opening slit smaller than the pocket inside to reduce the possibility of the stuffing spilling out.)
  3. Chop up the parsley and mix it well together with the cold butter, making sure that the butter does not melt.
  4. Stuff the parsley butter into each of the chicken fillets. No need to skewer them with a toothpick, but you are free to do so.
  5. Dip the chicken fillets in cornstarch, making sure to coat it well.
  6. Dip in egg.
  7. Dip in breadcrumbs.
  8. Deep fry in about an inch of oil in a pan. Flip over when side has browned. Cook for about 5 minutes each side, flipping over thrice to make sure chicken is cooked through.
  9. Serve and enjoy!

Wasn't that easy? ;) I love this recipe and how absolutely sumptuous it turned out! Just like resto food, in my family's opinion. The best part is that this recipe is so inexpensive too! Here is the breakdown of the prices of the 3 main ingredients I used:

4 pcs chicken breast fillet                           - P90.00+
parsley (2 handfuls or about 1 cup)            - P4.00
butter (1 stick)                                               - P13.00    

All in all, I just spent around P107.00 for this dish that can feed 4-5 people easily! 

Chicken with Butter Parsley @ Beauty Bunker
note that this is only 1 piece of chicken fillet!

I highly recommend this recipe since it is quick, simple, and very inexpensive! Do try it and let me know how it turned out for you. ;)    


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, lovely! Please go ahead and write a comment. I'd greatly appreciate it! :)