Monday, January 21, 2013

FOTD # 2: Dark eyes & nude pink lips




Hello everybody!


I just wanted to share with you a quick FOTD -- dark eyeshadow and nudey pink lips! This is a great look for going out at night. 


If you want to look like this...

@ Beauty Bunker
say what? o.o


Whoopsies! Awkward expression alert! Haha! ;) I meant, if you want to have a look like something like this:

now that's better :)

Then go ahead and keep reading. :)

This look is a pretty dramatic one. However, I have been loving wearing this look whenever I go out simply because on my particular eye shape (hooded lids which hide the shadow when I look straight ahead), it's not too too terribly dramatic. On other eye shapes though, this look may be better suited specifically for going out at night. :)

here is what my eyes look like when I look straight ahead. see what I mean? the dark eyeshadow is barely visible.


Now, here are the products that I used for this look. 


 FOTD #2 products used @ Beauty Bunker
Le Faerie eyeshadow palette @ Beauty Bunker

  
Here is a list:

FACE
EB Concealer Stick
Revlon PhotoReady Concealer
Ellana Minerals Primer and Foundation (product loves! review on this up soon)
Rimmel Stay Matte powder
ELF mini palette brown shadow for contouring

EYES
ELF eye primer
Fashion 21 Stick Eyeshadow/Liner in Smoke
EB black pencil eyeliner
Le Faerie Cosmetics Palette
Eye of Horus Mascara

CHEEKS
Maybelline Mineral Power Naturally Luminous Blush in True Peach

LIPS
Maybelline ColorSensational lipstick in Angel Rose


Here are some close up pictures so you can see better. 

smokey eye @ Beauty Bunker
pretty much a basic smokey eye.


FOTD #2 @ Beauty Bunker
eyes closed. didn't notice the awkward hair clinging to my lips!

FOTD #2 @ Beauty Bunker
here is what it looks like when my eyes are open. you can also see the lovely pinky nudey shade on my lips (even with all the hair on it). :) 


*Quick tip: Always choose to accentuate either your eyes or your lips. Emphasizing both can be a bit too much for real life. (looks amazing in photos, though!)


So, here is how I did the eye makeup. 

1. Place the Fashion 21 stick eyeshadow all over the lids and blend out with a sponge tip applicator.

2. Pack a taupey silvery shimmery eyeshadow over the top of the black base.

3. Blend out hard edges around the crease area using a neutral brown shimmery eyeshadow.

4. Intensify the crease and outer-v with a purpley shimmery eyeshadow. This should be done right in between the silver shadow and the neutral brown shadow.

5. Place a matte cream highlight on the browbone.

6. Line eyes by smudging out a black eyeliner along the lashline and outer 1/4 of the lower waterline and lashline.


That's it! It's a pretty easy look if you don't want to spend too much time worrying about getting that outer-v just right. :) Try it out and you'll definitely love it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, lovely! Please go ahead and write a comment. I'd greatly appreciate it! :)